Thursday, August 03, 2006

End of Camp....

Ok so I guess I should explain the last post a bit more....but actually now that I think about it there isn't much more to explain! That was pretty much it! A few of us at camp went up to Soquel, which is this amazing ranch type property that the camp owns up in the Sierra Mountains. We got up there to set up for a group of kids who were going to be up there with us. When we got there there where a bunch of stray cows in a meadow and Goulet (which was his camp name....nobody goes by real names up at camp....my camp name is Snowball...long story which I won't go into now). Anyway, Goulet starts chasing the cows and of course I decide to follow him and so we chase this one cow which was the most incredibly massive cow I've ever seen up a small which has a fence at the top. When he got to the top and realized he was trapped the cow came CHARGING back down the hill right at us which promoted us to quite literally run for our lives. :) I'll never forget running out of the forest and coming around a corner towards our video guy who was jogging towards us with the video camera and yelling "RUUUUUUUNNNN" right as the bull comes out behind us. The video guy's face was CLASSIC as he turns on a dime and heads back towards the ranch. We had a good laugh about that one and luckily nobody was hurt. :)

The rest of camp was super fun. I'm definetly glad I'm back home and with Katie though. Even though I was really distracted by being so busy while I was up there I still really missed her a lot. And I'm VERY excited to be leaving in a few hours for Hawaii! The last few months have been so crazy and July particularly was nuts! I definetly spent more time on the road this last month than I did here in Santa Barbara and Hawaii will be such a nice time to relax with Katie and catch up. Of course, we'll be working on Saturday shooting Kevin and Tiff's wedding, but seriously I know this wedding is going to be so much fun it really won't seem like work! Kevin and Tiff are two of the coolest and most laid back people and I can't wait to hang out with them on their incredible day! :)

Anyways, here are few shots from the last couple days while I was up at camp....

This was the kids hiking up Fresno Dome.



We took them mountain climbing as well and so for the 4th time that week I got to put on a harness and strap my cameras on and go climbing so I could get a good shot! :) Someone asked me when the last time I hard to use a carabiner for a wedding was. I started to get inspired....just kidding. :)




While I was up there I offered to do some shots of the director's kids (cause they're so cute!) :) This is Sasha, Nick, and Jake. :)





The last few days we were up at Mammoth Pools which was amazing! It's a pretty big lake, but because it's so isolated we were seriously like the only boats on the lake!




No comments: