Monday, September 26, 2005

TWO Engagement Sessions....

We had SUCH a busy week last night preparing for the class and editing I'm a little behind posting up here! We've had TWO great engagement sessions 2 days apart from each other. Both couples were smart enough to pick an awesome location (Chase Palm Park) and that gave me a chance to really try to keep creative and keep things fresh. I end up shooting there a lot, so it's always a good exercise in trying to be creative and come up with new things.

Katie and Hani were SO much fun to hang out with. I couldn't believe how natural they were! I'll admit I was a bit nervous shooting these guys. I had taken her sister's engagement pictures a few months before and they had turned out really well and her whole family (they go to my church) has been telling me how great those look, so when her sister came to me wanting do some engagement pictures and at the same place as her sister I felt a little pressure. :) I shouldn't have though, because Katie and Hani were so natural it made it easy to come up with great images.






They were also really open to trying new things. A few mins after the sun set it was starting to get kinda dark and I suggested we use State street to get some cool night city shots which they were up for so I grabbed my monopod and we headed out. I had a lot of fun experimenting with dropping the shutter down and getting some cool motion from passing cars and people. I've never had the chance to shoot stuff like that before and it was so cool taking a step outside the box to try to come up with something new. So much fun! Thanks you guys!!






Drew and Nick were just as fun to shoot with on Saturday night. The weather wasn't as nice as we would have hoped for, but we made it work and grabbed some great images. Again, it helps when you have people who are SO photogenic! I can't believe their wedding is a month away in San Diego. They were telling me some of the details about it over coffee before we started shooting and it's going to be so beautiful.






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris... you are a rock star!

These are SO good. Love your take on the night stuff. Very different from everyone elses!!!

Chris Humphreys said...

Thanks Amber! :)

I WISH I was a rock star! :) I decided my career in music wasn't going anywhere I jumped ship and went to wedding photography instead. :)

Chris Humphreys said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marieke said...

I LOVE the nighttime shots!

On a random note, I know Drew, but I haven't talked with her for probably 3 or 4 years! Crazy!

Anonymous said...

I will always think you are a rock star :)

Nathan and I love you!!! Let's take over the world!

Chris Humphreys said...

(blushing) :)

Thanks. :)

|| davidjay || said...

Those night shots are so stellar! WOW!

GREAT JOB!

Susanne said...

Great shots, I especially like the first ones- they look like a lovely couple!