Friday, June 09, 2006

Hangin in the OC! :)

My assistant Mark and I are down in Orange county getting ready to shoot what is looking like it will be an incredible wedding for Albert and Alyssa. We got down here around noon today to shoot an amazing prewedding Korean ceremony held at Albert's house. This wedding is gonna be super cool because he's Korean and she is Vietamese and they've designed their wedding to form around their familie's wedding customs and rituals. It was so cool to witness this ceremony which was completley new for both Mark and I. Everyone wore the most incredible costumes and after the ceremony they were so kind to insist that we stay for lunch which was of course incredible authentic Korean food! :)

Here's a few images from the ceremony....




Love this shot Mark got of me shooting some family shots....



We finished shooting around 2:30 and got checked into our hotel and then we decided to have a little fun. :) Mark has a full frame 5D camera (for the non photo people reading this....that basically means his camera allows for wider angles than regular digital cameras) and I decided to rent a fisheye lens for the weekend as well....which while will be great for the actuall wedding use turned out to be just as useful to have fun with goofing off. :)




4 comments:

JeffersonTodd said...

Love it Chris! Those fisheyes are so much fun.

That last shot of you is killer!

|| davidjay || said...

Freakin awesome!

Jerry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jerry said...

Fisheyes are fun. I've been thinking about getting one myself but I'm not sure how much I'd actually use it, being primarily a sports/editorial guy. I hear they're a real hit for wedding photographers though... if I end up doing them more often I'll probably have to get it bumped up my wish list...

So you've never done a Korean wedding before? The very first wedding I ever did was a Korean one. Cool stuff.


-Jerry