Friday, March 16, 2007

Finally Made It...

Back to Santa Barbara! :)

After traveling from SB to LA to Houston and then spending the night on the floor in Houston airport I turned around and came back home.

Literally about 10 minutes before I was to board for my flight down to Mexico I talked to the bride whose engagement pictures I was shooting this weekend (I'm keeping her name private for the time being) and heard the terrible news that her dad had passed away the night before. He was already in the hospital and this was somewhat expected, but just not now. So of course, she was flying back to the states immediately so rather than head down to Mexico I just talked to customer service at Continental and they got me on a flight back home. It was a tough trip back home. I was REALLY tired (probably only slept about 2 hours), I was dirty, and I was so heartbroken for this girl. (not a great combination!)

Katie and I are really praying for this whole situation, for healing and peace for this bride and her family. If you're the praying type, I know she would totally appreciate your prayers. If you're not, just send good feelings or thoughts her way, and I know those will be felt and appreciated as well.

Thanks guys. :)

3 comments:

Paige Kearin said...

Our prayers are with them. Deyl and I would love to get together with you and Katie. Maybe next week?

|| davidjay || said...

I was just cruising through your website! So freaking good man! Wow!

Deyl said...

we had a blast with you guys last night! we'll do it again soon. the clever blog i was talking about is http://indexed.blogspot.com/index.html and the other one is www.change.org