Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Our way home from Yosemite....and off again tomorrow morning! :)

After we finished shooting Chris and Christina's wedding in Yosemite Valley we left to go home which turned out to be a bit of an adventure actually because going into the valley we were running pretty low on gas and their aren't any gas stations in Yosemite Valley. The way that I always have driven in the nearest station is 30 some miles away and that's on very windy roads which we would have been going mostly uphill on to get back out of so we were a bit nervous. Luckily we found out we could exit the park another way that would get us to a station much quicker (about 15 miles) and the roads were nearly as windy, which was an added benefit cause Katie gets car sick SUPER easily.

We were kinda blessed to have been low on fuel because the new way out of the park was SO beautiful! I had to stop and take a few pictures from time to time because it was so pretty. I'm sure we'll end up in Yosemite at some point this year and we'll definetly take this new way in and out of the park cause it's so much better.

Here's a few pics from the trip home....


We did find gas on our way home. About the most expensive gas I've ever bought!! This actually made me feel much better about paying $3.00 a gallon in Santa Barbara! :)



Pretty view of a river right by the hellishly expensive gas station.



Definetly much more of a scenic view than the other way.



Our 2006 Honda Civic rockin it on the mountain roads. :)



This was a crazy old sign outside of a crazy small town (I think it was Mariposa). I just thought it looked cool and photo worthy. :)



I'm always a sucker for a good shot of trees. I don't know why, but of any still life subject, trees are one of my most favorite to shoot. They're just kinda cool if you ask me!



Ok these weren't anywhere near Yosemite.... they're actually in our front lawn, but the light on them was really pretty when we got home, so I just snapped a quick picture. :)



I can't believe it, but I'm already leaving home AGAIN for the third time this month tomorrow morning. I'm headed down to Guanajuato Mexico to shoot an engagement session with Gloria and Mario. I'm so excited to be going down, but also really sad that Katie won't be joining me for the trip. It'll be a lot of fun and I'm so blessed to be able to travel to such awesome places, but I'm always bummed when I have to leave Katie. I guess that's a good sign though in a marriage when you're super sad to leave your partner. :)

I'm not sure what sorta internet access I'll have when I'm down there, but I'm hoping I'll be able to connect up at least a few times when I'm down there and keep you all updated on what's going on. I'm getting back late Saturday night so if nothing else, I'll have more then! :)

Be blessed! :)

~chris

3 comments:

Paige Kearin said...

Safe Travels home!

Shyla said...

You're awesome you know that?!
I was just browsing through and I decided you deserved to know that ! :D

Tim Halberg said...

so.. what's the new way?