Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tori and Geoff and a LOT of snow. :)

So before we shot our stellar wedding on Saturday in Yosemite we had the pleasure of meeting up with Tori and Geoff whose wedding we're shooting this July. They're living up in Washington, but flew down to meet Katie and I at a camp near Bass Lake, CA where they fell in love and got engaged. It was such a meaningful place for them, it was just so cool to hear them talk about it! I'm so glad we did the engagement session there!

Luckily they were able to borrow some snow shoes for us the 4 of us because there was a good deal of snow on the ground at the site where they wanted to shoot. The snow shoes were definetly a bit tricky getting used to. I think we all had at least one moment where we ended up on our butts! :) Holding two cameras and trying not to fall too badly was quite a task, but I somehow managed to do allright. :)

These guys were so fun to hang out with though. After the wedding we went out and grabbed some dinner and just talked to them about their relationship and their wedding and it was really just great to connect with them. It made both of us just look forward all the more to their wedding.

It's strange and I know I've said this before, but I got into wedding photography because of well....the photography aspect, but as I go on, it's really the relationships I've built with my clients that drive and motivate me to keep going. Tori and Geoff are just one example of that.

Speaking of photography however, here's just a few shots from their day. :)




This was a prime example of a moment after Katie totally eating it in the snow. :) She'll be upset with me for posting this, but it's funny enough that I had to do it anyways. :) I'm just glad she didn't get the camera wet. :)









This was one of Katie's killer shots from the evening. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geez, Chris, I'm bawlin' away here. That's my girl! Isn't she beautiful?! And Geoff, so wholesome and just not afraid to be good. I cannot wait to meet you! Thanks,
Sandy, MOB