Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Stuck!!

So you know how they say Houston is kinda like the Guanajuato of Texas? :)

I was supposed to have landed in Mexico hours ago, but due to thunderstorms in Houston we've been delayed multiple times and been stuck on the runways several times. First before flying from LA to Houston we were stuck on the runway for about an hour and then once we landed in Houston the lightning was so bad they wouldn't let ground crews come to our plan so we had to sit and wait out the storm for about 45 mins before we could get to our gate.

Then we were delayed several times trying to leave for Guanajuato and finally we got on the plan and then....again waited. Finally the captain came on and said the airport in Guanajuato closes at midnight and at this point we wouldn't make it there in time so we had to go back to the gate and reschedule for sometime tomorrow. Luckily, I'm able to get on the first flight out tomorrrow morning, but unfortunately because of the storms all the hotels in the area are booked up and so I'm chillin with about 100 other people in a room by gate E1 in the Houston airport! :) I'm kinda lucky cause I got a cot (it's kinda broken actually, but I guess it's better than nothing!) :) Jesus slept in a manager so I guess I'll count myself grateful to have a cot. :)

I've definetly been grateful to have my iPod around for today! The airport has been SO loud with all the people around so the ability to drown it out and listen to music has been a lifesaver!

It's almost 1AM, but I'm really not tired. It's more one of those I'm actually really tired, but not sleepy kinda things! :)

I guess I'll go and cruise around the net since I haven't been on all day and then try to get a few hours of sleep before I have to be back at the gate at around 7:30AM.

I'll try to keep ya'll updated when I get to Mexico! :)

4 comments:

Paige Kearin said...

Time to buy your own private jet. Ha, ha, . Just kidding.

Chris Humphreys said...

Seriously!

Think I could put that on my debit card???

:)

Jenna & Matt Walker said...

big time BUMMER! hoping you survied and excited to see images from mexico!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I have my share of those types of flights in recent years! It totally sucks and such a frustrating situation!