Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Big White Curtain....




So I guess the folks here at camp think I haven't walked enough in the last couple days after the backpack. :)

So, they sent me to Yosemite today to climb up to Vernal falls, a short mile and a half, but virutally entirely uphill hike. At least I'm getting in shape quickly! :) We went with the some of our younger kids up to the top, and one of the counselors described the scene as a "Big white curtain" which is actually a pretty perfect description!

We had a great time hanging out. Even though, I've seen these falls quite a few times before, I'm always amazed at the sheer power of them. On the way up I was guarding my camera from the mist that was falling on us from the falls. I was told by one of the other staff that if I had been here two weeks ago I would have been completely soaked. I guess the water levels have come down quite a bit, which seems hard to imagine given that the falls seemed powerful enough today!

Got this shot, on the way into the valley. It's sorta a long drive and I got a little bored....so I decided it was time for a self portrait in the side view mirror. :) (don't worry.....I wasn't driving.) :)

No comments: