Thursday, July 28, 2005

End of Camp...

Well, the last few days of camp have been action packed to say the least. Luckily, most of it hasn't been as intense physically as the backpack or trip into Yosemite. The camp has had me shooting more normal "camp activities" including nature, tug-o-war, and some crazy water noodle fights. :)





They also had me shooting some water activities (kneeboarding, wake boarding, banana boating, etc.) That is super fun to shoot, and I actually don't think I've ever shot so many frames so quickly. I think I must have gone through some 600 shots in about 45 mins. Crazy! Got a lot of good images though.







Tonight, we had a camp fire with some singing, and then afterwords everyone made their way down to our meadow near the front of the camp where they had a candle light service. One of the leaders broke the darkness of the night lighting a candle and shared his light with one of the campers, and from there everyone helped light everyone elses candles. When everyone's was lit, they put their candles in a cross that was laid out in the middle of the circle. It was really cool.






It's been a great trip out here and I'm sad that it's coming to a close. However, I'm also ready to go home. I miss Katie quite a bit, and there is always work to be done at home. I love shooting weddings, however I'm grateful for times like these where I get to step outside of that and shoot some other types of images. I always walk away from times like these inspired to try new things with my weddings.

Well, it's getting late, and I've got a long drive ahead in the morning!

~chris

No comments: