Monday, October 09, 2006

Back to Bass Lake

Katie and I were back up in Bass Lake this weekend for what had to be perhaps the most beautiful outdoor wedding I've ever had the opportunity to be a part of. It seriously was like a photographer's dream, the most perfect location with the perfect lighting. To top it off Brett and Katelyn are two of the sweetest and most photogenic people I've probably ever come across. I usually include about 30 or 40 images in typical slideshow that I do at a reception and when we picked our initial favorites we had close to 100!!

The wedding was in a meadow up at Soquel, which is deep in the Serria mountains. The property is owned by our friends Steve and Sara who own YSSC , the summer camp that I try to make it up to once a year and shoot for.

Here are just a couple of the images from this weekend...












I was so glad that Katie got to come up with me to this wedding because she had never been to that area before. She got to meet a bunch of my camp friends who were up there and the next day we went into Yosemite Valley. Yosemite is one the most beautiful places I know of and even though I've been there probably 6 or 7 times I'm still blown away every time I go. We made the hike up Vernal Falls which has water flowing over it year round.

Here's a few shots from Yosemite...

It was cold...could you tell? (I think Katie was a bit more cold than me however!) :)








On our way back home we stopped at one of my favorite resturants on the planet. The Forks Burger. :) For those who have been up to Bass Lake you know what I'm talking about. We made it in perfect timing because this was the last day they would be open this year. They open back up in March. Katie had never been there before so I'm glad we were able to go. Even though the burgers there are great, it's really more of the atmopshere in there than the food. Can't wait to come back next year! :)

Congrats again Brett and Katelyn! You guys rock and I can't wait to get your pictures back to you!

4 comments:

|| davidjay || said...

Absolutely fabulous Chris! Those expressions on the bride made me want to get married! ...that says a lot!

Anonymous said...

chris i'm excited to come home and shoot a wedding with you... I may even go out and buy a new card before I get home so that I can really have a good time.

it'll be fun, thanks so much for the opportunity and i'll see you in a few days.

blaine said...

hey chris, you don't know me but you might remember me from OSP...? I am on there but don't participate much... :( just too busy.

although i shoot weddings with my wife, i don't really like looking at wedding photography that much... but just thought i'd let you know that these pics are really amazing man! i LOVE the compositions and the way you capture the expressions!

:)

Anonymous said...

Chris -
...wish you lived closer so you could teach me!
...celebrating your creative eye!