Sunday, October 15, 2006

Windy City Wedding!

Yesterday my sister Jenna and I had a great time shooting Rachel and Ryan's wedding here in Barrington, IL. It was definetly the coldest wedding I've ever shot, but it was a ton of fun. Rachel and Ryan were such good sports and braved the cold to get some sweet shots.

It's so funny how connections are made, when I was in middle school Rachel's dad was my basketball coach! Her mom is still friends with my mom and that's how they found me. To make it even more strange, her twin brother Adam and I were in the same Russian class for 7 years (all through middle school and high school) and we went to Russia on an exchange program back in 1994. How strange is THAT?! I haven't seen this family for years, but it was so cool to be able to come back and be a part of their day. Congrats Rachel and Ryan, you guys were awesome! :)

Jenna grabbed this great images from Friday night's rehearsal



I loved this image of Rachel's engagement ring




Who says you can't get good shots in a dark church? :)



My friend DJ is famous for his "hill shots" where he puts a couple on a hill, and gets tons of negative space in the sky. As soon as we pulled into the country club and I saw all the little hills I knew I had to try to get a couple of my own hill shots in honor of my buddy. These aren't as cool as DJ's, but Ryan and Rachel liked 'em when they saw 'em on the slideshow! :)




7 comments:

Brett Austin said...

Dude... makes me cold just to know you were shooting where you are.

I really like the wide angle shot of them underneath the trees. It's just framed really sweet!

|| davidjay || said...

Those are brilliant man! Far better than any I've shot and that shot of the guys in the church is freaking sweet too!

Rodolfo Arpia said...

These are so artsy man... great stuff!

Holritz Photography said...

Lovin' the shot of the guys in the church!!!

- Nathan

Anonymous said...

So this is not the point of this blog (great shots btw) but you know russian??! You went to Russia?!? How did I not know this?!

blaine said...

wow, these are sweet too! amazing stuff! love the hill shots.

Jerry said...

What? You were in Chicago and you didn't even come and visit?

Veeeeeery disappointing! ;-)

Love the hills shots. Very simple, very clean, with nice colors in the sky!