Monday, October 23, 2006

The End of the Season...

Saturday marked the end of another fantastic season! Of all the weddings to do it with, Amy and Brandon's couldn't have been a better choice. I met Amy and Brandon for the first time in February when I shot their engagement session and knew right away their wedding was going to be amazing because of how cool they are. They are both such fun, positive, and energetic people to be around. (It figures they both met at their job working for the cable network Nickelodeon!)

Here's a few quick shots from their wedding...

Amy had one of the BEST dresses I've seen all year.



My ultimate goal in photographing people is to really capture a sense who they are in a single image. Amy has just such a great simple smile that really shows who she is.




I was lucky enough to have a little extra time to do some fun and creative stuff with Amy. Plus, being at the courthouse in Santa Barbara gives you such great architecture to play with. While I generally try to use all natural light as much as I can, I had fun experiementing with some off camera flashes with these shots.





This is one of my favorite images from this wedding. I love trying to capture things that I see at every wedding in a new way and I loved this shot of this bass player!



Again, this shot just tells so perfectly the kind of guy Brandon is. He's such a stud. :)




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really love the last 2. the colors are amazing!

Holritz Photography said...

Really love the idea for the groomsmen shot!

- nathan

Anonymous said...

thanks so very much for such wonderful memories for our family. the whole wedding was amazing. i'll look you up if i ever get married again. ha! ha! and i agree the colors are amazing. excellent!
nancy, mother of the groom

Amy said...

Chris, you are by far the most talented person to ever take my picture! I am so honored.

Amy