Saturday, January 20, 2007

Chef Chris Part II

So I made my way back into the kitchen today for round two of Chef Chris! :) I did a similar dish to the salmon last week. Today was pan roasted steak sirloin. I brought back the wild rice since it went so well the last time and for the side I added a little roasted chicken, onions, and bell peppers to the mix. Add some coarse sea salt and rosemary for flavor and we were in business. :) I told Katie I really want to keep pan roasting things for my next few dishes just to really get that technique down. Think Like a Chef really has a lot of good simple recipies, that span a lot of different cooking techniques, but I think the best idea is to probably master one, before I move onto another.

Anyways, here's a few images from tonight's main course. :)




And of course some ice cream sandwhiches for dessert. :)



On a photography related topic, I had to bust out my old Canon 10D for these shots. Both my Mark II N and my 20D are in for service for some maintence at the moment, but I'm hoping I'll have 'em back at some point this week.

2 comments:

Tim Halberg said...

dang dude... not only cooking some mean food, but freaking bringing an abundance of color along with it! well done!

Chris Humphreys said...

Thanks man! :)

Let's get together soon!